Essay, research paper and thesis writing help
Academic writing does not come easy. Students all over the world cry out for help with writing high school essays, college research and term papers, graduate application letters and thesis projects. We have done our best to create an all-in-one academic writing guide that would assist students worldwide write better papers and reports. We do not charge a penny for our services, but you are welcome to link to us and spread the word to help us develop.
How To Write A Strong Marijuana Research Paper
Whenever you begin to write a research paper on a topic that has historically been very controversial, keep in mind that there has already been tons of papers written on the same topic. You must find a unique angle to use in your research paper.
Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Choose your topic within the subject of marijuana. Will it be about use or abuse? Will it be about legalization? Make sure it’s narrow enough to cover adequately. The topic should be one that challenges you, yet not so much that you can’t manage.
- Conduct research to find information. Use online and local sources. Libraries are still good places to find reference material. Make sure online information is verifiable. Good sites to look for are educational and government sites, which end in the domain extensions .edu and .gov. If you have problems locating materials, you may need to adjust your topic.
- Formulate your thesis statement. It should be only one sentence in length and is similar to a declaration which states your belief. You will be supporting this statement in the body of your paper, so make sure it’s something you want to and can write about.
- Form a tentative outline for your research paper. This is like a foundation which helps you to cover all the main points and stay on track with what you need to write in your essay. As you uncover more research, you may want to fill out your outline in greater detail. It is called tentative for just that reason. You need to have the flexibility to make changes if something important comes up in the research.
- Organizing your notes to fit your outline. All the notes you took when researching need to be organized according to where that information should be located in your paper. Your outline is the guide for this.
- Write the first draft of your marijuana research paper. You have already done a lot of work, so the writing isn’t nearly as hard as it sounds. Just use your outline and notes and the words should just flow as you move along.
- Revising the outline and draft. Is there anything in the outline you missed in your first draft? Perhaps there was a point you wanted to cover but didn’t have enough notes to write anything. Now is the time to either change your outline or go back to the research stage for that point.
- Proofreading and final draft. This really makes your research paper the best it can be.
Tips to consider
Start writing with brainstorming.Any essay or research paper start with creating an interesting and unique topic. Most students find it hard to make up a topic that would interest the professor. The easiest solution is check the available college paper examples available online for free use. Read the topics, write down the ones you like, conduct a research and give birth to a great topic of your own. The alternative way is to read a newspapers, watch a television program and write about any current issue going on in the world.
Proofread and edit your draft.Make sure to check your final draft before submitting it to your school. Most students are so happy they've finally finished writing their essay or research paper, they forget to spell-check and search for grammar and punctuation mistakes. Most professional writers even use the help of editors (and actually pay them for their services) to ensure the paper is coherent, well-structured and flows well.