Essay, research paper and thesis writing help
Academic writing does not come easy. Students all over the world cry out for help with writing high school essays, college research and term papers, graduate application letters and thesis projects. We have done our best to create an all-in-one academic writing guide that would assist students worldwide write better papers and reports. We do not charge a penny for our services, but you are welcome to link to us and spread the word to help us develop.
Looking for unusual controversial topics for argumentative essay
Controversial topics for an argumentative essay may include:
- Birth control
- AIDS research
- Gay rights
- Dying with dignity
- Cremating remains
- Religion in school or church
- Military enlistment
- Equal rights in the workplace
Anything that has a controversial debate that takes place around it is a viable topic. That being said once you pick your topic it is important that you present your argument effectively.
When you are writing an argumentative paper it is important that you effectively present your argument. How is this done? By using an organizational structure that ensures your argument makes sense to your readers. The most common structure for logical organization is the Toulmin Method. This method is laid out as follows:
- Your claim. This is the thesis that you are writing about.
- Your data. This is evidence that you gather to support your claim.
- Your warrant. This is the explanation of why the evidence you presented supports your argument. You need to show the reader why your data connects to your claim.
- Your backing. This is also called the foundation. It is additional reasoning or logic that you need to support your warrant.
- Your counterclaim. This is a claim which disagrees with your claim or thesis.
- The rebuttal. This is evidence that disagrees with your counterclaim.
Having a well thought out bridge is really an essential component to writing a great argumentative essay. If you give the reader present data but don’t tell them how it supports your thesis then they may not make the necessary connection and as a result might draw a different conclusion than you intended.
Do not avoid presenting the other side of the argument to the reader. Instead make sure you include the opposing side so that you can respond to it inside of your argument. This is very important. If you fail to include the other side of the argument the audience may be swayed to the opposition because they may think that your argument is weak. By including the counterclaims you can show the reader you have common ground. By including the opposition you make your claim seem more credible because it makes you seem more knowledgeable about the entire argument. This shows that you are not uninformed or biased as the author. It may behoove you to include multiple counterclaims to show the reader that you have actually researched the topic thoroughly.
Tips to consider
Start writing with brainstorming.Any essay or research paper start with creating an interesting and unique topic. Most students find it hard to make up a topic that would interest the professor. The easiest solution is check the available college paper examples available online for free use. Read the topics, write down the ones you like, conduct a research and give birth to a great topic of your own. The alternative way is to read a newspapers, watch a television program and write about any current issue going on in the world.
Proofread and edit your draft.Make sure to check your final draft before submitting it to your school. Most students are so happy they've finally finished writing their essay or research paper, they forget to spell-check and search for grammar and punctuation mistakes. Most professional writers even use the help of editors (and actually pay them for their services) to ensure the paper is coherent, well-structured and flows well.
- Algebra homework help
- Essays and research papers Writing
- Essay writing - good article
- DissertationTeam - expert dissertation help
- DB of dissertations official site
- Essay and Research paper writing is easy with the help of the above sites.