Essay, research paper and thesis writing help
Academic writing does not come easy. Students all over the world cry out for help with writing high school essays, college research and term papers, graduate application letters and thesis projects. We have done our best to create an all-in-one academic writing guide that would assist students worldwide write better papers and reports. We do not charge a penny for our services, but you are welcome to link to us and spread the word to help us develop.
Help Writing Essay Introduction - How To Grab Readers' Attention?
Your introduction is the most important part of your essay. This is because, it is what the reader reads first and it is what will determine if the reader will read the rest of your paper or not. You have to ensure that the introduction that you give your essay grabs the attention of the reader and keeps it. Here are a few tips that will help you come up with an introduction like no other.
- When you are writing the introduction, it is very important that you start from the general and get to the specifics of hat your topic is all about. You also need to ensure that you put your introduction in a certain context that the reader will be able to identify.
- The central idea that you want to communicate in the whole of your essay should be present in your introduction and you should ensure that you put it in words that are catchy and attention grabbing.
- It is very important that you proofread your introduction to ensure that it has no errors. When your introduction has errors, your reader will assume that you have a lot of errors in your work and this will not be good for you.
- Your introduction should start in a dramatic way. You can ask the reader a question or state an interesting fact. You can also choose to give a short unique story or define an interesting word at the start of your introduction so that you get the attention of the reader.
- Background information is very important in an introduction. You should ensure that the background information that you give is correct and relates to your study. You should also ensure that the information is correct and that it is catchy.
- You can use the elements of humor or surprise in the first sentence of your introduction so that you get the reader to really indulge themselves in reading your work.
- The introduction should be brief. This is the trick that you should use so that you get the reader to read the whole of it. You should ensure that you stay away from explaining a lot of details of giving a summary of your essay in the introduction.
- The last sentence of your introduction should be very catchy and it should be a lead to the body of your essay so that a reader can move on to the body after he is done with the introduction to find out more.
Tips to consider
Start writing with brainstorming.Any essay or research paper start with creating an interesting and unique topic. Most students find it hard to make up a topic that would interest the professor. The easiest solution is check the available college paper examples available online for free use. Read the topics, write down the ones you like, conduct a research and give birth to a great topic of your own. The alternative way is to read a newspapers, watch a television program and write about any current issue going on in the world.
Proofread and edit your draft.Make sure to check your final draft before submitting it to your school. Most students are so happy they've finally finished writing their essay or research paper, they forget to spell-check and search for grammar and punctuation mistakes. Most professional writers even use the help of editors (and actually pay them for their services) to ensure the paper is coherent, well-structured and flows well.