Essay, research paper and thesis writing help
Academic writing does not come easy. Students all over the world cry out for help with writing high school essays, college research and term papers, graduate application letters and thesis projects. We have done our best to create an all-in-one academic writing guide that would assist students worldwide write better papers and reports. We do not charge a penny for our services, but you are welcome to link to us and spread the word to help us develop.
Crafting a top-quality application essay
Your application essay is at the critical point of your academic future. Whether you get accepted into your chosen program or not is dependent upon how much time and effort you have put into writing it. It should be a reflection of your professional goals and why the program at this particular educational institution is the right one for you. Additionally, what will you bring to the program that would be of benefit to them?
Here is a step by step guide to help you craft a top quality essay for your application:
- Make sure you’ve read and understood the instructions fully. One of the tests of the application essay is to see how well you can follow instructions. If they ask for 2 pages, don’t give them 1 page and don’t give them 3 pages.
- Do a little bit of research before you begin to write. Of course you won’t be researching anything about your life or personal history. But you might want to find out a few details about the program at the school you are applying for. And a little bit about your field of studies as well. How will you convince the application committee that the program is right for you and you are right for the program?
- Your application essay needs to be a mirror of yourself. It tells the program directors who you are. There should be something from your inner self that’s exposed in the application essay. What little anecdotes or details about yourself make you special? What will help the reader understand you? What has shaped your life and your values thus far? If you describe yourself as caring, make sure you can back up the claim with something you did that proves you’re caring.
- Write your draft. Include everything you thought would make a good contribution. If you are way over on the page count, you must pick and choose what to include and what to omit. Remember #1 above that says to follow instructions. This is where you edit and revise.
- Go over your application essay and proofread it for spelling and grammar mistakes. Correct them all and make sure your essay is polished to perfection. This is what will decide whether you get into your coveted college program or not, so it’s worth your time to do as much polishing as necessary.
Tips to consider
Start writing with brainstorming.Any essay or research paper start with creating an interesting and unique topic. Most students find it hard to make up a topic that would interest the professor. The easiest solution is check the available college paper examples available online for free use. Read the topics, write down the ones you like, conduct a research and give birth to a great topic of your own. The alternative way is to read a newspapers, watch a television program and write about any current issue going on in the world.
Proofread and edit your draft.Make sure to check your final draft before submitting it to your school. Most students are so happy they've finally finished writing their essay or research paper, they forget to spell-check and search for grammar and punctuation mistakes. Most professional writers even use the help of editors (and actually pay them for their services) to ensure the paper is coherent, well-structured and flows well.